I wish I’d taken a photo of this before I shovelled it down my mouth!! This took 20 minutes from start to finish and was really refreshing on a hot summers day such as this. PLUS, It’s totally Slimming World friendly- although you may have to add some extra Superfree veg if you are doing EE.
- 300g risotto rice (I used Arborio)
- 2 salmon fillets
- 2 whitefish fillets
- 500g king prawns
- 800 ml chicken stock
- 1 large onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- handful frozen peas
- handful frozen babycorn
- handful froze green beans
- 1 lemon
- salt & pepper to taste
- Fry the onions and garlic until golden brown. To keep the recipe SW friendly I used Fry Light instead of oil.
- Add a tiny amount of stock to the pan then add the rice. Stir until the rice is coated in the stock then add the remainder of the stock and stir well. Squeeze in the juice of 1 lemon 1/4 of the lemon zest. Keep the pan on a medium heat and occasionally stir to stop the rice from sticking.
- After 10 minutes, add the fish fillets. I keep them whole then gently break them up as they cook but that’s because I’m lazy. If you prefer to dice them, dice them!
- After a further 5 minutes add the frozen veg and the prawns then leave to simmer for 5 more minutes or until the rice is cooked to your liking.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. As there are no herbs in this recipe, I tend to go heavy on the pepper (which compliments the lemon!).
It’s a super easy recipe that is ready to eat in 25 minutes! Enjoy.