I get married in 6 weeks (eek!!) so have spent this week hauling like MAD! I guess the official beauty regime begins now 🙂
To start, I thought i’d splash out on some high end skincare. I’m getting a little bored of my usual day/night combo as I’ve started experiencing some bitching skin problems on my chin but, wary of venturing too far from “what I know” I’ve decided to stick with the Elemis Pro-Col Day Cream and switch from the Pro-Col night cream to the Tri-Enzyme Resurfacing Night Cream (£54 from QVC UK).
I’m also going to try the Tri-Enzyme Gel Mask, which is a twice weekly mask that promises to “smooth and firm skin for a radiant complexion”. Also from QVC UK from £46 for 50ml- for that price it has best come good on those promises!
I’ll be using these alongside the Pro-Radiance Cleanser (£27.75 for 150ml, also QVC UK), which I find I can only use once a day or my skin becomes too oily, but I definitely see an improvement in the condition of my face when I use this for a prolonged period. Specifically, it helps to reduce my oversized pores.
From Illamasqua- I totally took advantage of the online Illamasqua sale and ended up with:
- 7 Light Foundations
- 4 Rich Liquid Foundations
- 2 Cream foundations
- 2 Powdered Metal powders
- 2 Concealers
- 1 Cream Blush
- 1 Liquid Metal
- 1 Primer
- 3 Lipsticks
- 2 Sheer Lipglosses
Which I know sounds an awful lot :s But working in makeup means I get to add these to my “kit” therefore making it a necessary rather than a compulsory purchase! As soon as this all arrives I shall do a haul post and share my thought on these products and the company as a whole.
From Laura Geller at QVC UK I bought:
- Spackle Primer miniatures set
- Full size original Spackle
- Full Size Bronze Spackle
- Bronze & Brighten colour correcting bronzer in Large and Standard sizes
- Balance & Brighten Colour Correcting Foundation in Regular and Fair
- Blush & Brighten in Boysenberry
- Inkwell Gel Liner in Black and Purple
- Brow Sculpting Marker in Taupe and Dark Brown
- Mascara Duo
- Eye Elements Eyeshadow & Highlighter Quad
- Baked Cheek Dreams Highlighter and Blush in Neapolitan
- Baked Brightening Powder in Ethereal Rose
- Baked Marble Eyeshadow in Vanilla Toffee/Black Cherry
- Eyeshadow Duo in Sateen Fresco/Mystic Sea
- Baked Highlighter in Portofino
Now, I have to say a lot of these products were combined together in kits so i ended up with a couple of some things. Having opened everything in a moment of crazed excitement, I also can’t remember what came with what! But when I do my overview post I’ll try to piece the kits back together. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Laura Geller “face” cosmetics, although I must admit that some products- like the eyeshadows, don’t do anything for me in terms of either quality or colour selection.
The eyebrow markers and gel liners are a completely new product to me, never tried before! So I’m looking forward to having a bash at them.
I’m looking forward to spending some time messing with this all this week- now I get to waste my sunday covering myself in makeup. Woohoo!